Wednesday 21 August 2013

Rippon Lea


Recently I spent a fun filled weekend in Melbourne with family. This involved a trip to Rippon Lea House and Garden in Elsternwick. Apart from the fact the stunning house was surrounded by scaffolding as they were fixing the roof, it exceeded my exceptions by far. I was excepting a dark interior similar to other houses built during the 1800s. Rippon Lea however had a renovation inside during the 1930s and still remains the same today. It is bright and glamorous.

What impressed me by far were the gardens. I did not realise how extensive they would be, complete with their own lake, boat shed and look out! These are some of the best garden photos I have taken I believe.

And I have to mention the ‘males only’ bathroom. It was soundproof (whatever for?) and the toilet seat was designed to flip up like the seats in the cinema. Impressive!
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment